I have always been heavily involved in sports through playing semi-professional football and refereeing.
In 2002 I completed my training to pursue a career working in the fitness industry.After qualifying through Premier Global training, I set up MB Fitness, and in 2008 I established Grange Fitness.
I also worked for Ipswich Town Football Club as 1st Team Sports Massage Therapist. My motivation for the work I do is helping clients to achieve their goals. This can be extremely satisfying, and I have been able to build up a good rapport with my clients, some of whom have been affiliated to the gyms over a number of years.
The aims and reasons my clients have for training with me are varied and include the following:
- Preparing for a kickboxing tournament or marathon
- Getting fit for a ski-ing holiday
- Rehabilitation after an injury;
- Neuro rehabilitation Health Issues:
- Tackling Obesity;
- Prevention of arthritis and osteoporosis;
- Addressing high blood pressure;
- Pre-Op health;
- Post-Op recovery;
- Ante natal health & fitness.
- Self Confidence:
- Improving self-image
I hold qualifications in:
- Personal Training (including circuit training and nutrition)
- Sports Therapy (including sports massage and body massage)
- UEFA Level 2 Coaching in Football
- Most recently, Matt qualified as a crossfit level 1 trainer